run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, June 7, 2016

Lately

Saturday morning was the day where I realized... yup, it's summer. It was the most humid run I've had so far this season and good god, after 8 miles I was ready to lie down on the path and die. It's funny how all the sudden your body just shuts down and it's like... nope.


I had delusions that I would run out 5 miles and then on the way back try to pick it up a little. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.


And then, after I finished, I was EXHAUSTED all damn day. I went to bed at 8pm. WTF? I definitely need to start making sure I'm hydrating before, during, and after runs. Or ya know... at all, really.

Otherwise things are going well. Over Memorial Day weekend, The KoB and I did our annual pilgrimage to a car show with my dad and we met some of my uncles there as well. It was a hot day and there was lots of texting going on the Friday night before and we weren't even sure if we were going to be driving The KoB's Corvette up there or not, but in the end, we did, and it's a good thing...

Her first Trophy!!!!!!


She came in 3rd overall in her class!!!! Very exciting. She wasn't the only one who took home a trophy though, it was a clean sweep in the Family:

Getting these 3 guys together and all looking at the camera at the same time
is like herding a bunch of blind and deaf cats. So, this is best I got.
My Uncle won 1st with his truck, my dad Second, and The KoB won 3rd.

It was a good day. 

1 comment:

Gracie said...

Nice work, car people!