run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, February 15, 2013

By the Numbers

In some ways it feels like September 10, 2012 was just yesterday. And in other ways, it feels like a lifetime ago. But no matter how it feels... it was 23 weeks ago.

23 Weeks of Training.

1208.6 miles. (That's an average of 52.5 miles a week and 7.5 miles a day).

14 Tempo Runs
9 Interval Workouts
5 Races (including a PR in the 10 mile and a PR in the Half and one particularly awful non PR 5K)
3 Hill Workouts
1 post workout crying session
3 19 mile runs:
1  in 60 degrees and rain
1  in 32 degrees and snow
1  in 25 degrees and bone chilling wind

This has been a great training cycle. In the past I've always enjoyed the training the most and always dreaded the actual race. This time around... in a strange way, I'm kinda looking forward to the race.

 And ya know, if it gets too hard, I'll just latch onto The KoB. 
It's okay. He works out.

Anything can happen on race day. ANYTHING. There are all kinds of things that I can't control, but I do know one thing... no matter what happens, I'm going to work my ass off. And we'll see what the day has in store for me.

Birmingham... watch out. The bitches are coming to town.

See you guys next week!

ETA: okay, I wrote this post last night when I was still feeling all confident and awesome and now all the sudden, I'M FREAKING OUT. I HAVE TO RACE A MARATHON ON SUNDAY. RACE A MARATHON!!!! I've never raced a marathon before. Holy hell. Pray for me. (and probably pray for The KoB: he has to ride in a car with me tomorrow for 3 hours).

Fuuuuuuuucccccckkkkity Fuck Fuck Fuck!


9 comments:

Unknown said...

Hahaha... You will do great. Have fun!

Carina said...

A coach I had always used to say the race is your reward for the training.

And I love the recap -- if you're freaking out now, go back and read this post out loud to yourself. That is a SOLID training season!

Just keep your head in the game and don't let yourself let up. You've got it!!

Carina said...

Oh, and I LOVE that koala! I don't know how you find that stuff!

Tanya said...

Bitches get stuff done.

You're going to OWN Birms.

Jill Ann said...

Amy!!!

You can do this!! You have the most awesome coach!! I was trying to sneak her away from you to coach me..ha ha. I almost said something to you last week at Frostbite but I guess I'll just keep on a lurkin' in here. Anyway, you're a Run Bitch for Craps sake! OWN that race and make it a PR. You got this...stop the freaking out!!!



Amy said...

Awwww... I love my internet blog bitches. Thanks you guys!

And Jill.... you totally should have said something at Frostbite!!

Katie said...

Thinking of you this weekend! Smash stuff.

Cheryl said...

Watch out Birmingham..bitches are coming to town with attitude to spare! Holla!

LAPT said...

YOU CAN DO IT!!!