- So, I've been handling the taper pretty well. I've gone into it pretty much expecting it to suck and for my runs to suck... so, I'm not disappointed.
- I am struggling with a Foot Corn issue that is driving me INSANE. For one... why is it so hard to position the corn cushion in the right place? It's like rocket science. I put it where it SHOULD go and then as soon as I get my sock and shoe on and start to walk or run and all 135 pounds of me comes crashing down on that little corn it hurts like a mofo.
- Great timing. Oh well. In the end, it is pain that I can handle if I have to... but GDMNIT I'd really prefer not to have to suffer through it for 26.2 miles.
- I got my bib number.... 888! How awesome is that?
- So far, the weather is looking good.
Knocking on every available wood surface.
- I've got my Saturday planned out. Eating lunch (homemade veggie burrito) at home and then heading down to Birmingham around Noon. That will get me to the expo around 3pm. I feel like this is the perfect amount of time to get down there, checked into my hotel, and ready for dinner, without having TOO much time (Too much time=nervous energy) and without freaking the freak out with having to hurry my ass off.
- The KoB and I have talked strategy and I feel good about it.
- I have started packing.
If by "packing" you mean: create a pile of shit that I'm going to need.
- Is it sad that I'm mostly looking forward to DRINKING after the race? I haven't had a sniff of alcohol since NYC and all I want to do is cuddle with a bottle of Rye.
- OMG, soooo ready for Sunday.