run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Lessons Learned...

From a weekend away...

1. Getting Greenville, SC and Spartanburg, SC mixed up in your head... doesn't seem like a big deal when planning a meeting spot with a friend... except for the fact that I thought that once I got off the interstate... Bam! I'm here. When in fact... Greenville is not off of I-26. And so... hello highways, construction and a zillion red lights.

2. Babies are even more adorable in person than they are in photos. Particularly babies that look EXACTLY like one of your best friends from college.

3. Seated photos are the LEAST flattering of all types of poses.


4. Getting a good photo of 2 adults and one 18 month old is nearly impossible.


5. I look amazingly awkward sitting next to an 18 month old. (Umm... and why didn't we move the freaking watering can? Seriously?).

6. If you want to get a good run in while out of town... say yes to whatever your friend's sister says...
"Yes, I'd like to get a run in this weekend."
"Sure, I'll get up at 4:00am MY time and drive to downtown Greenville to meet your running friends..."
"Ummm... okay, 10 miles sounds okay."
"9:00 minute miles? Suuuuure. Oh wait... you're serious? CRAP."
(Thank god her friends didn't mind running slower, because she took off and left me).

7. Red Robin serves veggie burgers. And their french fry orders are bottomless. HOW DID I NOT KNOW THIS?

8. Whole Foods doesn't have a juice bar. Is this ALL Whole Foods? Because, I coulda sworn that my Whole Foods has a juice bar. But, I've never bought one there... so, it could just be a smoothie bar or something.

9. Greenville, SC is a super cute, friendly town.

10. They have a marathon coming up on October 29th... Hmmm...

No comments: