run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, April 1, 2010

That time...

Well, it's that time of year again... The weather is finally turning consistently warmer, the bradford pears are all in bloom, the sun is still shining brightly when I leave work (late) and my desk is piled high with tax returns and a to-do list miles long.

Ahhh... gotta love the spring.

To be honest, I do love this time of year. I love knowing that in two weeks it will be April 15 and I will be spending April 16 hungover on the golf course (two years in a row now, I have vomited about an hour before my tee time... will the streak survive this year?). I love that the Masters is next weekend, I love that I have a marathon and a trip lined up shortly after tax day (a now 3 year tradition). I love sneaking out of work early on a friday (full well knowing that I'll be making up for that extra hour and then some over the weekend) to head out to the park for an hour or two. And, I actually like the work. Yes, sometimes I let it stress me out. Sometimes I come home from work and all I want to do is spend some quality time with boyfriend Woody while baking an entire batch of brownies and eating them (yes, bourbon and brownies go quite well together, I must say). But, all in all, I kinda like the busy-ness. I like the feeling of ending the day with crossing off 5-7 things off my to do list (nevermind the additional 10 that got added to the list throughout the day).

My posting does tend to get a bit sporadic around this time of year, so you'll have to bear with me.

But, it's Spring! And it's Crazy! And I'm loving every minute of it!

No comments: