run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, June 13, 2008

Please... knock on wood after you read...

I'm a superstitious person.

I'm one of those people that are constantly fearful of jinxing things. I probably use the phrase... "knock on wood" twice daily, on average... always accompanied by actually knocking on something wooden. And I'm not even going to tell you the crazy rituals that I go through during the course of a football game or the football season.

It's one of my few obsessive characteristics. So... I've been really nervous to post about this... for fear that the universe will read this blog and in turn, be reminded that they've forgotten that my knee is supposed to be all jacked up.

But, It's been a couple weeks now. I ran 8 days straight for a total of almost 42 miles... and... no knee pain for 2 weeks!!!!!

Next week, I might test it out against some a hill or track workout... see how it fairs under those circumstances. But for now, I'm just totally psyched that it's healed up on it's own and I can run without even thinking about my knee.

Now, if you'll excuse me... I must go find some lamb eyelashes or cricket antennae or something to rid myself of the jinx.

2 comments:

GypsiAdventure said...

YAY!! That is great news!!
~K

April said...

Woo Hoo!