run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Salmon Power

This morning was my first hill workout of the training season. I was a bit nervous since the last few times I attempted hill sprints, I got sick and thought I would perhaps die on the spot. Today, however, I successfully completed the whole workout without throwing up one time. Woo Hoo! Celebration time! It was tough, but isn't that the point? Hill workouts are supposed to be challenging.

I'm not sure why I was good this time around and not those other times, but I'm thinking it was the power of the delicious salmon I fixed for dinner last night. Maybe salmon for me is like spinach for Popeye. Because I am not a greedy person, I will share this very easy and very healthy salmon recipe with you.

Creamy Honey Mustard Glazed Salmon

Mix:
2 tbsp of Dijon mustard
2 tbsp of honey
2 tbsp of lemon juice
dash of Worcestershire sauce
sprinkle of garlic
dollop of light sour cream

Brush glaze onto thawed salmon fillets and bake at 400 for 15-20 minutes.
Or you can marinade your fillets for a few hours before baking.

Last night we had these with some ginormous artichokes on the side and today I chopped up a piece of salmon and put it on a salad for lunch. Yummy!

Tomorrow is a rest day and then I'll take on a 10 miler on Saturday morning. The weather man says there will be rain, but I'll take the refreshing rain over 90 degree runs any day! And for next weekend's long run, Amy and I will get to run together (if I can keep up with her) because she's coming for a visit!! YAY!! You can count on some silly pictures on this blog after we get together. It's pretty much a sure thing. And we don't even mind you laughing at us.
:)

5 comments:

Amy said...

Mmmm.. I'll have to try that, sounds yummy. I love salmon.

GypsiAdventure said...

Oh, the weather man tempts me with rain (this afternoon is hill for me) and I am so hoping for a down pour, however...it will probably wait until I'm done. Either way...hills beware!

Glad to hear you had a good work out!
~K

Dana said...

Awwww...thanks for sharing!..-) And don't worry,we'll be laughing WITH your.

Rhoni said...

Congrats for conquoring those hills! And great use of "ginormous", love it!

Joe said...

i love salmon. here's one of my favorite salmon recipes, in case you're interested to try another form of salmony goodness...