run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Runnin Right Along

Things are good and back to the normal craziness. I had to take a few days off from running because I SMASHED my knee into the shower door last week. And I mean SMASHED it. As I was getting out of the shower, I managed to SMASH (did I mention that?) my knee right into the shower door frame. I'm pretty sure someone moved it a few inches to the left. Actually, I think I was still half asleep. I don't even know if my eyes were open yet. I figured it would hurt like Hell for a few minutes and then go away, you know, like when you stub a toe...but it hurt to walk for three solid days. Got me a pretty bruise now.

I ran a few miles this morning and was relieved to find that the humidity and temperatures were much lower than they had been over the weekend. I am so very scared to start marathon training in June. Usually in the hot, hot part of summer, I do as much indoor running as possible, which is saying a lot because the treadmill is not my friend. It's like torture for me. But this year, I have no gym membership and must learn to build up my tolerance for the heat.

No comments: