run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Careful what you wish for...

When my alarm went off at 5:30 this morning, I rolled over for a few minutes, instead of just hopping out of bed. Sure, I had gone to bed early, but I just wanted to stay curled up in the covers for just a couple more minutes.

As I laid there... cocooned, thinking about getting up and running... for a brief moment I thought to myself... "mmmm... wouldn't it be nice if it were raining and I could just sleep for another hour??" And then I kind of groaned to myself, remembering watching the weather forecast last night and there being no mention of rain. And I thought, yeah, 3 days off in a row would be bad, anyway...

I lay there for a few more minutes and I hear light "tink" noises coming from my balcony...

What the hell?

I get up and sure enough it's raining. Not downpouring, mind you... but raining nonetheless.

And then I was pissed.

No running for 3 days in a row????? My knee has got to be LOVING that.

Sigh.

2 comments:

GypsiAdventure said...

I'm a total music junkie and running tunes are VERY important here's a few of my favorites (no particular order)

Want You Bad - The Offspring
Lose Yourself - Eminem
Cruz - Christian Aguilera
Fighter - Christian Aguilera
Get Over Yourself - SheDaisy
Free Your Mind - En Vogue

Dana said...

Well you know you could have just RAN in the rain..;-)