run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, November 5, 2007

Gearin' Up

So, with the marathon quickly approaching. (Update: I'm for sure running the Memphis Marathon, contingency plan no longer applicable). It's time to start thinking about what to wear the day of the marathon.

I was out of town this weekend and went into a Dick's in Spartanburg, SC and saw the CUTEST black and pink Nike Tempo shorts. When I saw them, I wasn't even thinking about the marathon, I was just thinking about the fact that I had a $10 gift certificate to dicks, a 10 dollar off coupon and a card to get 300 scorecard points with my next running apparrel purchase. I didn't buy them then, but I thought about them the rest of the weekend.

On my way home, I stopped at a Dick's in Mt. Juliet and purchased my outfit for the marathon. And here it is:

It's a long sleeve Under Armour cold gear half zip top (retail $59.99) and Nike tempo running shorts (retail $28.00). With my gift certificate and coupon, I ended up spending $75 bucks on this outfit. Which, seems pricey, but I'll get a LOT of wear out of that cold gear top. It's funny. I usually don't like spending a lot of money on my running gear, but I mean, when I think about how much I wear the stuff and how much I pay for it, it's really a dang good deal.

Both the top and the shorts are Breast Cancer pink and both donate proceeds to Breast Cancer Research. Now, granted, That's not why I bought them, I bought them because the pink and black combo is so freaking cute, but my grandma is a breast cancer survivor, so it's definitely a cause that is near and dear to my heart, so I feel even better that my vanity is actually benefitting a cause. And when I start to feel like I want to give up at mile 23, I will just think about how my grandma who was in her late 70s, early 80s when she was diagnosed, powered through and know that I can, too!

So, I'm wearing this outfit Saturday for my 20 miler to test it out and then it will be washed and put away until December 1st.

1 comment:

April said...

Awesome! It's perfect and so cute!!