run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Stickin' with the plan...

First off, I wanna let everyone know that you're stuck with me this week. April is doing a series 7 prep course all week and likely won't be posting.

Oy, it's going to be a long week for me...

Anyway, back to the post at hand...

Well, I am happy to report that after one weekend, my training plan is still being upheld!

Sunday morning I met Brad at Moss Wright Park for a 15 miler. We met at 6:45 and the weather was spectacular. Mid 50s and crisp. I had printed out the route for the Team Nashville Half Marathon in a few weeks that starts at the park and added a few extra loops within in the park before and after to make it 15 miles.

It was an awesome run. We ran through Indian Hills and 12 Stones Subdivisions and then along Long Hollow Pike for a little bit, till we hopped over to Madison Creek Road. The loop on Madison Creek Road and Patton Branch Road were definitely my favorites. After all these years, all the developments, etc, those roads are still country roads. Quiet and peaceful. It was really awesome. It reminded me that there is so much more to running than just a track or even a park.

It was also a bit like Animal Planet… with all the roadkill and the occasional dogs with no leashes. We also saw deer and a hawk. We’re talking real nature here, people!

I gued at mile 5 and then again at 10 and I felt like that was pretty good timing for me. I did notice that the gu would mess my stomach up for about 10 minutes after I took it. Hopefully I can get adjusted to that.

It was perfect. A great run. We breezed right through it in under 2:15. And I went home, feeling fine. I wasn’t sick or tired. I went home and went about my other daily tasks. And the most amazing part… no soreness!

Finally… my body is getting back into peak running shape.

Although... I did wake up yesterday with a sore throat. I did manage to run 5 miles no problem yesterday morning, but this morning, I'm still feeling crappy and decided to take a day off from running today. Hopefully I can kick this today. I've got a big week this week. Friday (fingers crossed) I close on my condo! So, I've got lots of purchasing, packing, and moving to do and I need to be healthy!

No comments: