run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, October 18, 2007

The key to successful treadmill running...

...is having a TON of things on your mind.

This morning, I woke up around 3am and I could hear the rain pounding against my windows. I'm not going to lie, part of me was like... "Ohhhh hell ya baby! I get to sleep in!" And then I guess I fell back asleep, cause the next thing I knew my alarm clock was going off and it was 5:00am. I laid there for a minute... trying to see if I could hear the rain or not. Eventually, I got up and saw that it was raining, so I dressed for the treadmill and jumped on.

Now, I've got a lot on my plate right now... So my mind was going 500 miles a minute while I logged my 5 miles...

Sampling of what I thought about:

1. All the crap I have to buy for my new condo
2. South Carolina's chances at making it through the rest of the season and to the SEC Championship game.
3. My condo closing tomorrow.
4. What to wear to work today. (Rain always makes dressing so much harder).
5. If I want an LCD or a Plasma tv.
6. My cars brakes.

Not once did I think... "oh jeez, I really dont want to be running." I had way too many other things floating around in my head to concentrate on. And before I knew it... my 5 miles were over!

My rest of the week running plan:
Friday: 5 miles
Saturday: 17 miles
Sunday: Possible rest day, or 3-4 miles.

No comments: