run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Milestone (literally)...

This afternoon in the middle of a tempo 4 miler, I passed the 1000 mile mark for the year. So far in the year 2007, I've logged 1000 miles (actually... 1003). That means, if I had started out on January 1st, running north... I'd be about 100 miles outside of Boston by now. That is absolutely crazy to me. 3 years ago, if you told me I'd ever run 1000 miles, I'd think you were crazy. And now, it's just my first 1000.

So, I'd like to take a moment to thank all those that have made this possible... April, thank you for being my sometimes real, most of the time virtual- running partner. I'd also like to thank my legs and feet for pounding the pavement, mile after mile. And I'd like to thank that part of my being that motivation comes from. Without that, I'd be nowhere.

Fittingly enough, I reached this milestone at my regular park. And you know who was there... that's right, Big Stick Guy. (oh, and get this.... he had a tshirt on today that said "coach" on the back.... eeeekkk).

I need a glass of white star right now...

1 comment:

April said...

Congratulations!! That is really awesome to hit your 1000 mile mark!

And BSG must be letting you know that he's just there to help by wearing that shirt.