run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, August 10, 2007

Veggie Calzones

A while back, I got this recipe and it turned out to be really good! You can fill it with anything you like so it can be healthy and help you to get in a good mix of veggies. The only thing I don't like about it is the pizza crust or dough. It would be better for you if it were whole grain...but I've never seen that in a roll-out crust. Don't get me wrong, though...this dough is really good...just not as good for you.

I made one last night that had zucchini, mushrooms, red pepper, garlic and red onion. Here it is, all chopped up:
















The recipe calls for basil, too...but I'm not really a basil-y girl so I left it out.
Then you roll out the pizza crust, cut it in half (you can make 4 out of one roll if you want a smaller meal) and put your goodies (with lotsa mozzarella cheese!) on half of it...
like so:















Greg's is on the left-he's all about some pepperoni and jalapenos!

And then you fold it over, smash the edges together, brush some egg white on it and pop it into the oven for about 12-15 minutes at 425 degrees.
...and...dah dah dah dah...the final result:



It's easy and fast too! Try it today!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh my god. It's 9:30am and you are making me drool on my keyboard. Yum, those look good! I have a pizza crust recipe that I've been meaning to try with whole wheat flour... that would be good for those calzones!