run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

A few of my favorite snacks...


I'm watching calories these days. Trying to shed a few extra pounds while I'm training and this means that I can't indulge in the homemade cookies like I have been. I'm a big snacker. Everyday when I get home from work, my first instinct is to open the fridge and pull out some blueberries or strawberries and snack away before dinner. The nice thing about this... is I'm WAY less hungry for dinner, so I eat less. But, anyway, these are a few of my favorite low calorie snacks.
1. Apples: I love apples. Particularly Gala Apples.
2. Snack Packs of Popcorn. This bag of popcorn only has 100 calories and like 2 grams of fat or something. Often, I'll pop a bag of popcorn to eat with a sandwich instead of eating baked lays.... you get more to eat and less calories!
3. 100 calorie packs of cookies: Lorna Doones are my favorite! But I also like the packs of pecan sandies, chips ahoy and oreos.
4. 100 calorie yogurt. I love, love, love yogurt and eat it just about every morning immediately following my morning runs. This is the key lime pie kind, but my other faves are peach, strawberry and strawberry sunrise. Yum.
5. Berries. I always have blueberries and strawberries around and I nibble on these all the time. I also enjoy watermelon, cantaloupe, and kiwis as snacks.
Not Pictured: 6. Nuts: I love nuts, but I try to limit my intake right now, cause they do have quite a few calories, but are good for you nonetheless! I munch on pecans, almonds, and peanuts.

1 comment:

April said...

I'm hoping these healthy foods will inspire me. My pants are seriously not fitting right now.