run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, September 1, 2017

Favorite things- Skincare

So, after the debbie downer update post, I thought it would be nice to talk about some things that I am freaking loving right now.



So, I'm going to be honest with you. I've struggled to keep with a skincare routine in the past. I'm one of those people, that if I don't see results immediately, I get bored and go back to wiping my face clean with Costco Makeup Removers and slathering some St. Ives Moisturizer on and calling it a day.

BUT, I have finally found products that I LOVE and so now, I get excited to wash/moisturize my face. Is that weird? Probably. 


Okay, first up: Cleanser.

I have jumped on the oil cleanser bandwagon. I have kind of naturally oily skin, so, I always avoided these in the past. But, holy shit, they are amazing.

They really clean my skin, get all my eye makeup off and leave my skin glowing and fresh looking.

My favorite is the Sunday Riley:


It's a little pricey, so, I've also been using the Clinique Brand Cleansing Oil:


Next up: Old Lady Skin Prevention

After I've cleansed and dried my face, next I use an alpha beta peel regiment, to slough off the top layer of my skin and hopefully prevent me from looking too much like my age.

(I use Extra Strength)

This is a two step process. You use one wipe all over your face, let your face dry, and then use the other wipe. (In the correct order). This stuff is not cheap. It's not. I lucked out caught a 90 day supply at Nordstorm's yearly sale, and got it at a half-way decent price. Now, since my skin is naturally a bit on the oily side, I have had no issues with peeling from this product. But, if you have dry skin, start out with using it every other day and probably try the Universal instead of the Extra Strength. (I started with the Universal).


Next: Serum-y stuff.


Full disclosure: If you try one thing from this post, try this. This is the one thing that I ran out of, and was like.. meh... not going to re-order and then after a couple of days, I was like, OMG, my skin is not the same. So, I immediately re-ordered and rushed shipping on it. This stuff tingles a little when you put it on clean skin, but it is so plumping and leaves your skin so dewy, it's amazing! If I won the lottery I would buy this in bulk and just sit in a tub of it every day. 

I also feel like it's making my enormous pores smaller and tighter (if that's even possible. If not, then it's just making them look smaller).

I don't know what Lactic Acid is, but, I honestly, don't care. It's amazing.

Lastly: A Moisturizer.

I actually haven't found my holy grail moisturizer yet. So, if you have any suggestions, let me know!

Have a great holiday weekend, everyone!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm horrible about skin care routines. I wear fairly little make-up (most days, eyeliner, lipliner, lipstick), and most of my make-up isn't high quality, and even on the high quality stuff, I never reapply and it seems to be all worn off by the time I go to bed, so I often don't bother. It's a terrible habit, and I know it's going to catch up with me, probably sooner rather than later since I'm getting old!

Carina

Carina said...

Thinking about you today, happy bday!