run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, August 31, 2017

Update Schmupdate

Greetings.


What's been happening with you? Good things, I hope.

I've been chugging along... I haven't really been running all that much lately. I was doing reformer pilates 3 times a week for a couple of months, then they cancelled the class time I was going to. So, then I moved onto doing Hot Yoga again, and then the studio closed down.

I am the grim reaper for fitness classes, it seems.

And now, I've been doing Orange Theory Fitness since June. I really like it. But, man, it is an ass kicker. And you do run in there. I typically run 2.5 - 3 miles in those classes, but I haven't been doing much running outside of there.

I've for sure been in a funk lately. I've been keeping active and trying to eat healthy and not drink all that much, but, I still seem to be gaining about a half a pound a week. I'm not sure what the dealio is. I'm afraid it's just getting older and I need to just eat even less than I'm already eating and work out more. But damn, it is getting frustrating. I need to go to the doctor and get labs done, but, my health insurance STINKS, so, I'm kind of hoping that if I just keep on the path, eventually I'll turn the corner. Plus, I'm sure I'll go to the doctor and my labs will be awesome and it will just be like... yup... eat less, bitch. Work out more.


Because of this sad state of affairs with my body, I am finding myself wildly emotional and stressed. I cry at the drop of a hat, I get stressed out and irrational over the dumbest things. In short, I'm a real fucking joy to be around these days.


Some good news to end this post on... I did get a promotion at work, I am now CFO, which feels pretty fucking fantastic and I have my condo on the market. The KoB, the pups, and I are hoping to sell it and find a place around town that is bigger than my place and closer to work than the KoB's place.

So, there are good things happening. And I know that if I just keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing that eventually the weight gain will stop and I'll start losing weight.

I didn't really anticipate this post to be kind of a bummer, but, I feel like that's just my general demeanor lately.

Too late!

I'll try to come up with some fun and perky for my next post. Either that, or I can just change the name of this blog to.. Killjoy.

Later, bitches! 


1 comment:

Melanie said...

Hey lady!! I'm sorry to hear you've been in a funk, but congrats on the promotion and the changes with finding a new place and such!!! Super exciting!! I just realized I don't have an email address for you and am not sure I have the right number for you anymore, but I'd LOVE to grab a drink (or healthy snack, bc I'm feeling the age effects on my body these days in a new way myself) sometime and catch up. My email is still melanie0513[at]gmail - drop me a note sometime and let's meet up!