run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Long Weekend

Friday:
I sat around and drank beer while The KoB changed
the oil in his corvette.

Saturday:
Followed my dad in his '56 Chevy
to a car show in Granville, TN

Spent all day at the car show.

Got incredibly sunburned.

Sunday:
Ran the 11.2 for the 3rd weekend in a row. Felt the best yet. Then drove to the River House to check out things there and drink beer and watch movies.

Saw a mouse scamper across the carpet around 9pm.

Slept like shit, because all I could think about was the mouse crawling into bed and crawling all over my face.

Monday:
Woke up to pouring rain. Which, honestly, felt kind of perfect. Too often we all take the spirit of Memorial Day for granted. Sure, it's a long weekend and a day off work. But, it's a day of remembrance for all those people who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom. The rain felt sort of poetic.

Drove home in the rain and watched a zillion episodes of Sons of Anarchy.

It was the perfect unofficial start to the summer. (Although, if I'm being honest, I could have done without the mouse).

1 comment:

Meredith said...

When Dave and I first got married we lived in an apartment with a mouse and ant problem. You could hear the mice scratching inside the walls and you would see them scamper across the floor frequently. One day I was laying on the couch and I heard a different kind of scratching. I sat up and saw one of the mice clawing its way up the side of the couch. Who knew those bastards could climb?

Also, when I was in Haiti for a mission trip, I had a rat crawl across my neck while I slept.

Feel better now? :)