1. The enjoyment of knowing that you are supporting the race director who is one of your favorite people on earth.
The night following the race.
2. The prize money at this race is very good and even if you aren't in contention for overall awards (I never am, fast bitches be showing up), there was also cash for 50th, 100th, 150th runner. (Even though I didn't win any of those).
Or you could just be a bitch and take home $150 total.
3. Enjoy the beautiful day and the fact that you aren't DYING and want to PUKE every 3 seconds, because you aren't racing. Seriously... 5Ks are the worst, when you are racing.
My fitness level these days.
4. Since I wasn't dying or wanting to vomit constantly, I was able to cheer for everyone that passed by on the out and back route. Which, was actually REALLY fun.
Next time I should wear a costume and
dance my way through the 5K.
5. It's a good way to get a workout, when you aren't doing any workouts. Because you are too lazy, busy, out of shape.
Pick your excuse.
What I've been doing instead of work outs.
Anyway, last year I PRed at this race, so, obviously I had a fabulous time. This time I ran hard (for me) and wound up with a sub 27 minute 5K. Which, is pretty much the same pace as my Marathon PR pace. Bwhahahahhahahahhahah.
But, ya know... you can't be in shape ALL the time. Because then you wouldn't appreciate PRs when you do get them, right?
It was a fabulous event and I'm excited to run the race again next year. Who knows, maybe I'll be able to attack my 5K PR in 2016?