run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, September 8, 2014

I actually did a workout, y'all!

Last week, I got my first real workout assignment from Coach:

4x800s at 8:00 pace with 400 recovery jogs.

This was referred to as a "cobweb shaker" and I was instructed not to freak out if these felt particularly awful.

I enlisted The KoB to run this workout with me. We have been rather lazy lately with our evening runs.

 Me on Wednesday nights for the past couple of months.

We ran straight over to the track and it was only as we were finishing up our warm up that I realized... AWWWWW Fuck! 800s are my least favorite workout distance. Blarg.

I found myself constantly checking in with myself during these intervals. 
How do my legs feel? They feel okay. Huh. Weird.
How does my chest feel? It feels okay. Huh. Weird.
How do I feel generally? Pretty dang good. Huh. Weird.

I fully expected to be huffing and puffing and dying my way through all but the first one. But, I was pleasantly surprised that I felt pretty dang good until the last 100 meters of the last one.

This is pretty much what they looked like.

I've already downgraded my personal expectations for The 10 miler. But, with 9 weeks to go, I am feeling pretty good that I will at least be able to PR there. My current PR is 1:19 which is just under 8:00 pace. Let's do this!

1 comment:

Annsterw said...

Good luck on the ten miler!! I am sure you will rock it!!! I love the picture with Rudy and her pizza! HA