run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, March 24, 2014

Another Week

I'm starting to feel like a broken boring record here. Sorry about that. That's one good thing about training plans and schedules: Automatic Blog Content.

But, here I am anyway, to talk about my mostly lackluster week of training.

I did race on Saturday, which was BY FAR the highlight of the week. So much so, that it deserves it's own blog post. So, stay tuned for that.

The rest of the week included lots of smallish runs. My longest run of the week was a whopping 9 miler on Thursday. I had hoped to crack the double digits in a run on Sunday, but I woke up with a raging hangover that included a bad case of the pukes. Not pretty. I am old. I cannot hold my alcohol anymore.

But the party was fun and worth it! Irish Car Bombs and friends... doesn't get much better than that.

Dear Brother, Sorry your evening was cut short because I had
to run to the bathroom and puke.

Bitches representin'. 

I am slowly but surely starting to get my passion and motivation back for running. I think I am very susceptible to vitamin/mineral deficiencies and I have been REALLY bad about taking my iron and B vitamin supplements lately. I trying to get back into that habit, because I honestly can tell a HUGE difference in my running when I am good about taking them (and I don't even care if it's a placebo effect thing or not. If it works, it works).

I still haven't signed up for the Pig yet. But, I'm still pretty sure I'll run it. Even if I'm not in PR shape, I really do love that race and it will be good training for the grand canyon. Plus, it's about 6 weeks away. So, if I can string together a decent amount of running between now and then, I might just have a shot at having a decent day.



No comments: