run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, November 4, 2013

BQ Training Week 11

We interrupt week 11 with a trip to South Carolina.

Week 11 marked the last week of my training schedule that I had to travel before the race and luckily, I had the time and the most beautiful places to get my runs in. But from here on out, I'm just going to be in Nashville getting my training on. 

Since it was kind of a whirlwind week, the runs came pretty easily. Coincidentally it was also a cut back week in mileage, so I was able to get in all my runs even with traveling.

Workouts:
Intervals: 3 sets of 800, 600, 600 at GOAL 5K pace.
Tempo: 5 miles at +/- 10 seconds of Marathon Pace
Long: 14 miles jogette deluxe the day after the Marathon Pace run.

Intervals: 
On paper this workout seemed easy, peasy. In actuality, it was really fucking tough. Thankfully I had the KoB run all the intervals with me. I put in my log that it was the hardest workout I've ever done and even today, almost a week later, I still stand by that statement.

Unrelated to running:
Bachelorette Party Night (80s theme) in Savannah, Ga
The Bride is one of my best friends/roommates from College.

The Tempo run was really good. I got up early on Saturday morning, pre-wedding and jogged around the most ridiculous gated neighborhood outside of Beaufort, SC.
My question is this....
Who needs a vacation home this BIG?

I ran the first mile a little slow in 8:20, but picked it up for the other 4 miles.

And then I ran at least another mile back and forth from the house, to the reception site, to the ceremony site.
At least it was a beautiful day and a beautiful setting.

I swear, the whole place was like a movie set, or something.

I spent all day Saturday running around like a chicken with my head cut-off and then Saturday night, I got to enjoy myself at the wedding (read: Drink and stuff my face with cake).

And dance. I got to step on lots of old men feet.

Carolina Gamecocks representing!
We all met Freshman Year. The boys lived in the
same dorm and us girls lived in the same dorm.
Crazy that 15 years later, two of us got married.
Still keeping it classy with my beer can!

 Sunday morning I had to get up at the crack of dawn to get my long run done, but it's hard to complain when this was my view for the run.
Welcome to Beaufort, SC.

I ran for a little over 2 hours, so I hopefully got in my 14 miles. Garmin FAIL. I spent the rest of the day exploring Hilton Head and almost missing my flight because my GPS calculated the mileage wrong.

While I was meandering along a trail at this wildlife preserve 
on Hilton Head, I should have been making my way back 
to the Charleston Airport. Oops.

 I would have missed seeing this enormous 
pig ON A LEASH at a strip mall, though.

It was a good week of running, friends, and traveling. 

And will likely remain the most beautiful wedding I've ever been to.
Nice work, Sara.


No comments: