run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, October 7, 2013

BQ Training Week 7

Well, I think I jinxed myself last week with my proclamation that I was over the hump of training. According to last Saturday.. uhh.. It doesn't really look like I am.
That's what training does. It lulls you into a sense of safety.
And then you race and realize you're fucked.

Week 7 workouts:

Intervals: 6x1000m at 7:40ish pace. 2 minute recoveries.
Wildcard: 15K race (in which I had hoped to run around a 1:12).
Long: Uh... was supposed to be a total of 18 on the day of the race, but I was hot, cranky, and disappointed after the race, so I didn't officially have a long run this weekend. FAIL.

The intervals! I didn't know what to think about these. It wasn't a terribly difficult workout, but it wasn't a cakewalk either. I ended up running them much quicker than I was supposed (I REALLY need to work on that). But, I think I liked them okay. In general, I'm just relieved every week when I see that Yasso 800s aren't on the schedule (not because I hate them. Though, I really, really do hate them. But because the idea of running multiple 800s in 3:34 makes me want to throw up and cry. At the same time).

The race will have it's own blog post. Just know for now, that I didn't hit my 1:12 goal and it was one of the worst races I've had in a LONG TIME. 

Like I said, I didn't have a real long run this week. I did run 10 miles on Thursday, 12 miles on Saturday, and 12 miles on Sunday. So.... uhhh... yeah. TIME TO START FREAKING OUT.

No comments: