run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Drinkfest IX

It's almost unbelievable to me that my friends and I have managed to turn a summer get-together after a couple of them graduated college in 2003 into an annual event. But here we are... 9 years later, still hanging out and catching up and pretending that we can drink like we did when we were in college.

This year's destination was Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge/Sevierville/Smoky Mountains. And if you've never been to this area of the world before, I can pretty much sum the whole damn place up with what we did this weekend:

1. First, you rent a cabin that is on top of a goddamn mountain in the middle of BFE, that takes a four-wheel drive vehicle to get up and is about 30 minutes from the closest... well, anything.
But hot damn, does it have spectacular views!

2. You fill the cabin's fridge up with beer.
Yes, that's Woodchuck. Don't ask.

3. You hit up the outlet malls when it's foggy in the morning.
Strangely enough, the guys bought more than me.

4. You go to the Great Smoky Mountain National Park for a nice hike.
 Let's do this, Rainbow Falls!

 This was NOT Rainbow Falls, but pretty anyway.


There we go. 
I like the hands on my hips pose.


5. Drink beer Relax in the hot tub.
Truth be told, hot tubs kinda skeeve me out.

6. Play putt-putt.
Serious business. Gotta line that shit up.

See that sketchtastic hotel behind me? We witnessed some 
sort of Pretty Woman arrangement going on over there.
Also, this is my fake smile.  
Also, hands on my hips.

7. Dress up in ridiculous costumes and have your photo taken at Old Time Photo:
Saloon girl. Yup.

I would make a terrible model. It took me about 
5 minutes to find a "serious" face.

8. Eat at shitty chain restaurants.
One redeeming quality? A 33.8 oz beer.

Not pictured: Play tennis, drive around 30 minutes looking for a volleyball court to play badminton on, venture into the local Wal-Mart to buy snacks and beer and vow NEVER AGAIN TO GO TO THAT WAL-MART(or any Wal-Mart), get bummed about not being able to go whitewater rafting because of PAP (Poor Ass Planning).

It was a good trip. And, I even got in some decent runs while I was there! Next year... Drinkfest TEN. Crazy.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

"Sketchtastic." HA HA HA HA!!!!

Also, I recommend falling off the trolley that goes around Gatlinburg. That really completes the whole expereince.

chiara said...

Yeah, I've come to an acceptance of Walmart - we have 3 in my town. And only one Target. Unfortunately, the Target is not so convenient to get to. So, I end up at Walmart. Sigh. But our Walmarts are not sketchy, thankfully.

This tradition sounds rad. Combining drinking, with national parks, cabins, and playing stupid games like badminton and minigolf.