run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Rain-1, Amy-1

Even though I've been totally in love with running lately... I still don't wake up and jump out of bed excited to go out for a run (not sure that will ever happen). So, Tuesday morning when I woke up and thought that I heard the VERY gentle and faint sound of raindrops on my metal balcony railing I was kinda excited. I got up, peeked out the window and found a puddle to stare at... the thing was... there was barely any movement going on in that puddle. I mean, it was lightly drizzling outside... but I was tired and immediately texted Steve:

Me: Sorry... I'm not feeling the rainy run. I'll see ya tomorrow morning!

And then I rolled over and went back to sleep hoping that some huge thunderstorm would roll through and validate my decision. It didn't. The rain was over. So, all day I kinda felt like a wimp. And was pissed that I gave up the opportunity to sleep in on Saturday morning.

So, when I woke up this morning, I got up and peeped out the window and all was clear. Whew.

I got up started getting ready and as I was getting dressed I thought heard rain. So I ran over to the window and sure enough it was raining. And not just drizzling... but a steady rain. SHIT. I checked my phone... no message from Steve bailing, so I thought... well maybe it's not raining over there.

So I headed over there... as I got closer, the rain did slow down and I'll be damned if it didnt all but stop by the time I rolled into the park. Yes! Success!

And then at the turnaround point for our run, it started raining harder... Don't get me wrong, it wasn't pouring... but it was raining. Ugh.

The lesson here is... when its just drizzling.. get your ass out of bed and run, because you never know what the hell's going to be going on tomorrow.