run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Housekeeping

*So, I am getting the haircut, I'm just waiting for a groupon, because spending $60+ on a haircut is just RIDICULOUS.

*A week from today I will be at the beach. And so I have one week to get up the courage to sport this bikini. (Yes, I lusted after it for over a year before I finally took the plunge last fall and BOUGHT it. I thought I'd wear it in Mexico... except... I didn't chicken). Ugh.

*I finally feel like I'm getting into training shape. My runs are feeling pretty easy lately. 'bout damn time.

*This is a conversation that I had last night with a girl I'm friendly with after yoga...

She asked... "Did I hear you mention you're running Chicago?" (a friend of mine is in the class and was asking me about my upcoming races. I mean, not that I'm not the type to drop my bad-ass race names all over the place like little bombs...)

"Yeah, I am."

"How do you do it? I mean, how do come to yoga while marathon training?"

"Ummm... I dont know, I mean, I just have a lot of free time on my hands, I guess..." Lame ass Loser?

"No, I mean, you are so flexible in class."

WhatTHEfuck? I feel like I am the most inflexible person to ever take a yoga class (runners... I think we all feel that way... and there's a reason.. BECAUSE WE ARE). So anyway... it blew me away. That someone else thought that I was flexible! Proof that doing yoga 4-6 times a week really can make a difference, I suppose. Yay! That or she is getting me confused with the other brunette in the class who musta been a freaking cirque de soleil dancer in a former life. bitch.

*Is it just me, or has this week flown by?? Tomorrow is friday!

2 comments:

LAPT said...

All those days of yoga PAID OFF. Guarantee you are more flexible than me. ALSO....excited about the haircut! Send pics after.

Vandy-Montana said...

It's you.