run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I am alive, but just barely

Well, I survived the weekend in NOLA.

The weekend started out great:
Then there were a few "awkward" moments:
Followed by some hilariously fun moments...
And then of course... don't forget the breakfast of champions at 9 am.
Glenlivet 15 year poured into a "Huge Ass Beer" cup anyone?
There were Mardi Gras Parades from Balconys of people we didn't know...
There was also a New Orleans Saints Parade...
There was also the triple crown of drinks in New Orleans:
And yes... some mechanical bull riding...
All in all, it was probably one of the best weekends of my life... except, I came home with this...
I seem to have contracted the black death.

I'll be back when I get over this awful post-NOLA sickness.  

3 comments:

Van 1- Hall said...

very nice! i wore all my gamecock apparel to work the other day to piss off the many UK fans we have here. I loved it.

Big Blue said...

Hilarious blog. As someone new to the running world I am trying to find some good material and yours gave me a chuckle.

Keep Smilin'

Tom
www.tomburkeiv.com

Melanie said...

How fun!!! I still hate I couldn't go, but we'll have to get together when you feel better and grab dinner or something. I hope you recover soon... too much fun can be exhausting on the body.