2. When I run 70 miles in a week, I will work that into conversation as many freaking times as I can. Bag boy at Harris Teeter? “Yes! You can take my groceries out for me, cause I ran 70 miles last week thankyouverymuch.”
3. Even after wearing a pair of running shorts probably 400 times (including during a marathon), they can still randomly go ninja on you one day and chafe the helloutofya, leaving you with a less than attractive red ring around your waist.
4. I can, in fact, get sick of Led Zeppelin, AC/DC, and the Black Keys.
5. Running a 20 mile training run is impossible for me to do solo.
6. Running 2-a-days makes me feel like a bad ass.
7. Running in 95 degree weather at 97% humidity makes an ice cold Budweiser taste like the nectar of the gods.
8. More protein, less carbs.
9. Marathon training is not necessarily made easier by drinking less. (Ha! I KNEW it!)
10. To lose weight, I have to omit two out of the three things in life that I get out of bed for in the morning: Sugar and Alcohol.
11. Hard liquor is better for dieting than beer.
12. Skipping track workouts makes me a happier person.
13. Being drunk and happy and a little overweight might in fact be better than being skinny, bitchy, and boring. (I’ll let you know,
14. The first month of training is always the honeymoon period. You’re fast and fresh.
15. The last month of training is always the worst. Your runs are shitty and slow.
16. Training is way more fun when you're training with someone who is running the same race as you.
17. I don't need gu or shot blox, just some gatorade and water.
18. Running in the the heat is 10x more exhausting than running in regular temperatures.
19. Everyone is faster than me.
20. I sweat more than any other human on earth.
21. Always throw a towel in my car for the ride home from a long run (see #19).
22. I can and will use the heat as an excuse for my slow ass runs as many times as I want.
23. Marathon training never gets old.