I need some new tunes, too! I've been listening to the same playlist for awhile now (and it is a good one), but I like to change it up pretty frequently to stay pumped. Like Amy said, I dig any song that is about motion or feet or motion of the feet...it gets me going! For example, I love Tom Petty's Runnin Down A Dream and New Shoes by Paolo Nutini. Here are a few others that are currently on my Ipod:
1. Don't You Evah by Spoon- Really, really fun song and its one that I'm still not tired of, which is pretty rare.
2. The Underdog by Spoon - Yep, Spoon made the list twice. They rock. And this song is kind of a funny one to be a running fave. It goes...you got no fear of the underdog,that's why you will not survive! See what I mean? Sort of the opposite of the typical inspirational kind of music that runners like...but it's funny and I'll take anything humorous on a long run. Anything to get my mind focused on other things. And again...Spoon is fun to listen to.
3. Just Fine by Mary J. Blige - I pretty much love anything by MJB. Her music always makes me feel good. This one especially...I won't change my life, my life's just fine (fine, fine, fine...)
4. Four Minutes by Madonna and Justin Timberlake - Madonna gets on my nerves lately, but she's still music royalty and she still puts out some damn good songs. And JT is just hot.
5. Lollipop by Lil Wayne - Ok, this song is kind of dirty. Actually, it's really dirty...but I love running to hip-hop and rap because artists will put anything in hip-hop and rap. Funny stuff, dirty stuff and crazy sounds and beats. This is a good one for all of the above.
6. The People by Common feat. Dwele - The new Common CD is AWESOME and this is one of my favorites on it. Love it...Listen for yourself.
7. Imagine performed by David Archuleta - I know this is a serious song for a 17 year old boy to sing, but he has got one of the most beautiful voices I've ever heard. When this one comes up on my play list, I turn it all the way up. It seriously gives me chills and brings tears to my eyes.