run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, June 6, 2008

Good Stuff on a Friday: Sweet Tunes and a Cranergy Review

I was a little tired getting up this morning for my run. Yep...this was my 4th morning in a row to run before work. I'm pretty sure that's hasn't happened since training for the last marathon. (knock on wood, knock on wood, knock on wood).
Sometimes I run with my ipod and sometimes I go without. Well, since I was still feeling pretty sleepy, I decided that this was a music kind of morning. But instead of grabbing my ipod, I grabbed Greg's for a little something different. His mix of tunes came from his dad's (humongous) CD collection and woo boy that really got me movin! Pop aka Papa Tone aka Rap Master T aka Paw Paw has got some sweet runnin jams! I knew he had great taste in music, but I didn't realize how much his favorite songs would pump me up.

Right now, I've been running slower than a 10 minute pace. I know it's because I've been out of training mode, but it's still a bit disappointing because I know I'm faster than that. Well, I think I may have found the key. This morning I ran my first mile around 8:30 and the second mile around 9:00. I did slow way down for the third, but overall, I'm happy to know that my short little legs can still move when they want to. All I need are some Papa Tone old school jams. Here's a sampling of what got me movin:
Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Maneater by Hall and Oates
Bad to the Bone by George Thorogood & The Destroyers
Get off of My Cloud by The Rolling Stones
Do You Love Me by The Contours
Some good stuff, right there. I'm going have to get him to make me a running mix for my own ipod!

The second good thing today is this:
This is Ocean Spray's new Cranberry Energy Drink. In addition to healthy cranberries, it contains green tea extract and B-vitamins. It contains only 50 calories and 12 g of sugar. Now I know that some people aren't too keen on cranberry juice because of the sour bitterness, but this is very light and goes down smooth. I'm not a huge artificial sweetener fan and this does contain Splenda, but after the first sip or two, I got used to the Splenda taste. I'm a fan.
I gotta tell ya...after my rocking morning run, a Cranergy and my usual two cups of green tea, I'm feeling pretty hyper and energetic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (exclamation points to illustrate this fact) I'm thinking that I might need to run up the 24 flights of stairs in my building and do a few hall sprints to get some of this out of my system!
Woooooooooo! Have a great Friday:)

3 comments:

Amy said...

Whoa... now I look like total debbie downer. Sorry.

I might have to use some of those songs. Good way to mix things up.

Dana said...

Ok you need to share some of that energy you got from that drink!. I'm not a Splenda fan myself but I may check that drink out.

GypsiAdventure said...

I've been wanting to try the cran-energy drink...now it sounds even better!! I could so use some energy!!
~K