run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, April 4, 2008

Besides Running...

It's been raining for a week straight in Tennessee, which definitely makes for difficult running. I decided last night that I'm going to start looking out for good deals on treadmills for days like these.

I got a new pilates dvd when Amy and I were out shopping last weekend and I really like it. It's from Stott Pilates and is really similar to the Gaiam dvds' I've tried. I have a few yoga dvds made by Gaiam and have always enjoyed the calm, peaceful, mellow vibe. Sure, it is yoga so that's kinda the point, but the pilates one is very similar. It focuses on breathing, relaxing and focusing on the muscles at work. My Denise Austin pilates dvd gives an excellent workout, but her voice and super happy attitude can get a teensy bit annoying after awhile. It's nice to mix it up a bit. So since it's been raining a lot this week, I've tried to get back into my strength and cross training routines. I've done pilates a couple of times, did some weight and resistance training last night and this morning I got up and put in our Billy Blank's Bootcamp DVD. Man, that dude is crazy nuts. Just look at him. Look at those outfits. Look at those muscles. Dang, he's the real deal, hardcore.

I pretty much suck at boxing-type stuff. I don't think I was ever rotating the correct hip or leg or whatever while punching. I mean, I consider myself fairly coordinated, but this takes some practice...or maybe boxing experience.

I hung with Billy for about 25 minutes and then decided to go out for some sprints in the rain. It was a nice cool down and a good way to end the workout. Hopefully the rain will hold off for a bit this afternoon because I'd like to get a nice and easy 6 miler in. And then the weekend plan is to run 5 or 6 on Saturday and 9 on Sunday. Weather man says no rain over the weekend, but you know how much we trust the weathermen...

Have a great weekend!!

2 comments:

Dana said...

I guess I must be a masochist cause I did my 10k race this morning in the rain. Of course racing is different from a regular run. Soon you're going to be cut like Billy Blanks!..;-)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.