run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

The Wonder Years


Here we are in all our glory...the BHS Track Team. Don't we look like a bunch of fierce competitors?

And since you can't really see much in the team picture, I'll show you a couple more....
This next one is right before the 8th grade Valentine's Day Dance. It was my first formal. Check out that sweet French Twist!

That's my younger brother, Spencer. I think his main purpose in life was to torment me...so of course, he was my arch enemy back then. But we're cool now...I forgave him for listening in on the majority of my teenage phone conversations. You can tell by my facial expression that I was not amused with his cheese. Cheese was actually his nickname back then if that tells you anything...
And here I am with lovely cousin Carrie. Notice that my bangs were beautifully curled and hairsprayed solid even at such a young age. I guess I've always had style! Even on a windy runway, those babies weren't budging!

1 comment:

Amy said...

Wow, thank god I wasn't in track. That takes some courage to post these pics on the WWW. Courage, that I will never have.

I had a dress exactly like that for the 8th grade v-day dance, but mine was teal and had huge bows at the shoulders. I bought it at Gantos, remember that store?? Ha ha. Ahhh the good ole days. I don't remember you in that dress, though. Who was your bf then?