run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, January 11, 2008

Recipe: Pasta alla Amy

So as a single girl, I don't get the opportunity to cook for more than just me very often. And oftentimes, I have the best of intentions to cook something for dinner for myself that consists of healthy, lean protein, carbs and veggies, lots of veggies. And for the most part, these best of intentions fall by the wayside and I just eat a ham sandwich or a twice baked potato and some cookies. Always cookies.

Anyway, I decided it was time to come up with something healthy, delicious, and easy . I kind of just thought about what would be good with some fresh pasta and this is what I came up with!

Pasta alla Amy

Ingredients:
1 rotisserie Chicken (I only used the breast meat (no skin!) shredded into pieces)
1 package of Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 package of fresh linguine
1 package of grape tomatoes, halved
1 jar of capers
1 small jar of artichoke hearts
1/4 cup - 1/2 cup of Buitoni Light Alfredo Sauce
Parmesan Cheese

Saute your Mushrooms in a little bit of olive oil . Put your pot of water on to boil.

Once the mushrooms are sauted enough, place your shredded chicken, grape tomatoes, capers (no caper juice, just the capers), artichoke hearts (fish all the hearts out of the jar, dont use the liquid from the jar save that in your fridge for something else), and the alfredo sauce. Mix around on low heat to warm everything through.

Cook the linguine.

Top with parmesan cheese. Voila! Done. In 10 minutes or less.

No comments: