run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, October 5, 2007

Late Night, Early Morning...

Well, I didn't get my 8 hours last night. I was up till about 10:45 watching my gamecocks beat the wildcats. (Thursday night games really screw around with my schedule). But, I decided I'd rather forgo the extra sleep on Friday morning and go ahead and get up and run 3 maintenance miles this morning, so that I can sleep in on Sunday. Woo hoo! :)

Since I'm out running at 5:15 every morning, you see the same people out. There are the two ladies with the annoying dogs (which, after a couple weeks of scientific studies, we discovered that they ONLY bark at my mom and I... and anyone else can pass them and they pay no attention) and occasionally there are a couple of other random people walking their dogs. This morning, we came across two male runners on our way out. On our way back into our neighborhood, we saw one of the runners again, and this time he was walking. He asked us, "What are you training for?" And I wasn't going to answer. I mean, dude, It's 5:50am, it's dark, I'm in the middle of finishing up my run, I don't want to stop and talk to you. But my mom answers... "Us"as we cruise past him. And I think that he said something like... oh, good job or something equally dumb. But, it kind of irked me.

First of all... you don't have to be training for anything to run. The last time I checked, running is a form of cardio. I bet he didn't ask the walkers what they are training for.

Second of all... this is one of my biggest pet peeves... I'm running. That means, I don't want to stop and pet your dog, I don't want to stop and have a conversation with you about the weather, and I don't want to stop to have to loop around you and your 15 high school friends trying to find a secluded spot in the park where you can smoke. Just leave me alone. All I want to do is run. That probably makes me anal and unsocialable... but, I can't help it. I'm not out running to socialize.

So anyway... I've got 23 miles for the week so far and I've got the half marathon tomorrow morning, so that will put me at about 36 miles for the week.

It's supposed to be hot tomorrow for the 8am start. So, that should be interesting. What happened to fall?

No comments: