run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Friday, September 7, 2007

Product Review: WIN Detergent

Who sweats? I do.
Who sweats buckets when they run? I do!
Who ends up with a basket full of stinky running clothes at the end of the week? I do, I do!

Meet WIN Detergent:

It's labeled as a
High Performance Sport Detergent.

It's supposed to "eliminate embedded sweat and odor" and maybe, more importantly... it protects the wicking, tech fabrics that we spend lots of extra cash on.

Don't believe me? Well, just look at that endorsement up there... this is the official detergent of the olympics. How about that? Olympic athletes are known to be extra stinky and sweaty (I just made that up, I have no idea how they smell, but if it's good enough for the olympics, by golly, it's good enough for me! I'm the type of consumer that is a marketers' wet dream, no?)

So, I love this detergent. I buy it at Dicks in a tiny little bottle that does about 8 loads for $6.99. I have to buy a new bottle every 6 weeks or so, but it's a favorite product of mine. My running clothes go in smelling like a wet skunk and they come out smelling... well... smelling like nothing (which is what you want, the last thing I need is to have some floral-y fragrance duking it out with my sweat while I'm running).

Also, everyone knows that you should never use fabric softener on wicking fabrics, right?? Ok, good.

1 comment:

April said...

I've seen stuff like this...I always wondered if it prolonged the use of moisture wicking stuff...