run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Mixing it up.

So, this morning I got up at 5:00 am and met my mom at 5:10 to run. She had been running 3 miles a day while on her trip, but had also been eating like crazy on the cruise, so she was gung ho to get up and run in the morning... I didn't get to sleep last night till around 10, so I lost a full hour of sleep. Uggh. I guess I'll survive.

It was super dark outside at 5:10. Like so dark that we had to watch very closely for speed bumps (in the school parking lot we run through) and my mom actually didn't see a man and his dog on the sidewalk (of course, I attribute this to senility and not just darkness). When we finished up around 5:40am. It was still pretty dark. So, I decided to hop on inside and finish up with an additional 2 miles on the treadmill. I treated the 2 miles as a sort of hill workout, using the incline at a moderate level the entire 20 minutes. All in all, it was a good run. I kind of liked mixing up the run with some outdoor and indoor. Although, I think I'll just brave the darkness and try to finish up outside from now on.

I also did my strength training video this morning. So, that's nice. It's a Kathy Smith video and while it's not as annoying as Denise Austin... Kathy Smith does this REALLY annoying, toe curling (in a bad way, not a good way) howl-like noise a few times in the video... (think fran drescher crossed with a hyena howl). And she also counts wrong numerous times. Like she'll say... "Only 8 more" and then we'll do 3 and she's like "great job, now let's do x." I'm afraid that after another month of using this video my right bicep is going to be like twice the size of my left. Not good.

No comments: