run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, August 2, 2007

Made it!

Last night, I drove the Shelby Farms route and decided that it was run-able after all. There were some treacherous spots and I would have to be very attentive of passing cars, but I thought it was manageable. So this morning, I got out there and ran it! I am so pumped about it and I plan to run to Shelby Farms early Saturday morning and try and get a long run in. I think I'm going to shoot for 8 or 9 miles. Once at Shelby Farms, all I have to do is a couple of miles cause getting there and back will take up most of the time. It will be better when I am back up to my 10+ mile workouts.
My foot felt fine and so did the rest of me. I had a lot of energy-I really felt like I could have run longer!
I'm a little bit weary of doing a long run the day before my 5 mile race, but I don't think it's long enough to really matter and I am not going to push it too hard on Sunday. I want to scope out the course and then just try to improve my time at the following 5 mile race.
I also mixed it up a bit last night with Billy Blanks Boot Camp. It was a good workout and really good strength training. I'm going to be sore today, I think!

No comments: