run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Grilled Chicken with Sweet & Spicy Soba Noodles

I saw a recipe similiar to this on the food network this weekend and I tweaked the recipe a bit to make it more to my liking. Would be really quick and easy if you already had some leftover chicken. I will definitely use this recipe to make a new meal from leftover fajitas.

Ingredients:
Grilled Chicken (I marinated mine in soy sauce for about 10 minutes before)
1 whole jalapeno
1 tsp garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp of sesame oil
1/2 tbsp sugar (or honey)
1 red bell pepper, sauteed
1 small onion, sauteed
1 bunch of Soba Noodles
1 tbsp of sesame seeds, toasted
Scallions
Cilantro, if desired
Water

So, I am just estimating here on the exact amounts... you adjust to your tastes.

First, put some water on to boil. Then saute up your onions and red pepper while your chicken marinades. Throw chicken on the grill.

In a small chopper (or in a bowl with the jalapeno FINELY chopped, if you dont have a mini chopper), mix the jalapeno (I left most of the seeds in, cause I like the heat), garlic, soy sauce, sesame oil, and sugar together and add a little water if needed and if you are using cilantro, throw that in now, too. Mix it up really well. Set aside.

Throw your soba noodles into the boiling water when your chicken is almost done... To plate up just put your noodles in a big bowl, chop up the chicken and add the veggies, then toss with the jalapeno mixture and on top, add your scallions chopped finely and your toasted sesame seeds.

Yum. I can't wait to eat this tomorrow for lunch, cold!!

2 comments:

April said...

I do really like soba, but I am having trouble imagining jalapenos with it. I think a red chile paste would be good!

Amy said...

You should try that then! You really dont taste the jalapeno, just the heat, cause the chopper kinda pulvarizes the pepper.. but I'm sure the red chile would be good, too!