run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, March 24, 2016

The Plan, lately.

So, now that I'm back to running with friends for 3 runs during the week, I've kind of abandoned the Run Less, Run Faster training plan. Although, if I really think about, I'm still basically following it's principles.


I'm running 2 pretty hard runs a week (courtesy of my faster running partner, Steve) and then a long run on the weekends. (And a couple of other easy runs sprinkled in for laughs). For now, the hard runs during the week, are me just trying to keep with Steve for the first 20 minutes and then me trying to push the last 2-3 miles because I'm ready to be done. We haven't been following any particularly type of workouts or anything, although, I'd like to incorporate some of those soon. For now, I'm just too fucking lazy at 5:30 to think about anything other than putting one foot in front of the other without having a fucking heart attack while doing it. #gettingintoshapeissofuckingfun.


Admittedly, I used to kind of scoff at the Run Less, Run Faster plans. But, after attempting to follow it for like a month and going over the plan in detail, it is NO Joke. I'd like to really follow the training plan to the letter at some point. I think it could really get someone into shape.

Oklahoma City Marathon is in about a month and I haven't abandoned my sub 4:00 marathon goal quite yet. I mean, is it most likely a pipe dream? Could be. But, I think a lot can happen in the last month leading up to a race. That's what I'm banking on, at least.


Next up: 20 miles on Saturday even if I have to walk/crawl for the last few miles.

No comments: