run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, October 21, 2013

BQ Training Week 8

I'm running a week behind with these weekly updates, so this was technically October 7-13.

This was the week after that god awful 15K race and I traveled to Arkansas at the end of the week, so I had a hard time finding my groove.

Workouts:
3x 800, 600, 400, 200 1 minute recoveries/5 minutes between sets.
15 mile long run.
Probably some kind of marathon pace run that I bailed on.

The intervals were the highlight of the week. I have made it a habit of crashing The KoB's weekly workout. I get there in time to do one or two (depending on the length of the intervals) on my own while he finishes up his workout and then for his cool down he joins me for the rest of my workout. (YES, my workouts are his cool down speed. Show-off). It's awesome.

I don't really remember this workout specifically, but my log is full of references to rainbows and unicorns, so, it must have been a good day.

The rest of the week pretty much sucked ass. My legs were dead, I was stressed and tired from a work deadline and I didn't get much sleep because of early ass flights on the weekend.

A fair representation of how running felt that week.

Yay running.

Ugh.

No comments: