run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

Week 14- Finally

Ok, I KNOW... you're all STFU, Amy. This is already 3 posts this week... but... it's taper time. It's what we do.

Well, the training is done, so, I thought it fitting to go ahead and post this final week. AHHHHHH!

I have a confession to make... Tuesday I was all "OMG, I can't do this," I even started to tear up during my cool down when Steve asked me how the intervals felt. (AWFUL, they felt freaking awful!) But... I turned the corner. I've got this. And now, now, I'm just ready to do it. (!!!!)

I'm skipping my absolutefavoritefreaking yoga class tonight. Instead, I'm going to go get a manicure or do something equally lame that won't make my hamstrings cranky.

Yay running! (ummm.. yeah, expect yet another post tomorrow as I countdown every day till Saturday. Dead horse? Where?)

Jams of the week (these are more like tunes I've been dancing around to at home this week. But they are on my running playlist, so they count).

"Shake it Out": Florence and the Machine (not to be confused with Mariah Carey's "Shake it Off" which is also on my playlist and which I also LOVE).
And it's hard to dance with a devil on your back, so shake him off

"Raw (How you like it)": Common (mmmmm... Common).
"You Hollywood?" Nah, bitch*, I'm Chicago/ So I cracked his head with a motherf-cking bottle. (Somehow this line comes off a little more extreme in writing than it does in the song. It's funny in the song, though. I swear).

*Ummm.. he doesn't say bitch.

No comments: