run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ummm. Oops.

So, my coach sends me my workouts for the upcoming week every Sunday. It's awesome. It keeps me excited to find out what I'm going to be doing, as opposed to having my entire life planned out in advance for 16 weeks or whatever.

And usually, because I'm a bit of a control freak, I tweak the days around a bit to fit my schedule a little better. And luckily Coach is totally fine with that... but she's always telling me to make sure that I don't do two speedwork days in a row. Easy.

So, this week... somehow, it's Thursday and the 3 runs left on my schedule are a long run and two speed workouts. CRIKEY.

Excuses include... just being an overall dumbass and running an easy-ish run on Monday (even though I took Sunday off... WTF?), also it was POURING rain yesterday morning when I woke up and the idea of doing speedwork in the afternoon on my own seemed like the absolute worst ever.

So, the plan is this... to do my Race Pace run tomorrow... that shouldn't exhaust me too much. And then Saturday morning I'll do my long run and Sunday I'll do my intervals*. On paper it looks pretty bad... in theory it sounds pretty dumb... but in practice I think it will be okay.

And in a strange, sickening, and  frightening way... I'm kinda/sorta/littlebit looking forward to it all.

WHO AM I?

And the lesson learned here is... don't put your shit off for later in the week cause you might get all jammed up for the weekend.

*Now before you all (all 2 of you) start yelling at me in the comments about this... clearly... If I feel AWFUL I'll cut the intervals or run slower or hurl myself onto the pavement and start crying or whatever. But, I'm anticipating feeling just peachy for them. And I will be rocking the compression socks all weekend long, baby. 

3 comments:

Katie said...

and this is why i'm not allowed to move my workouts around. :)

Jill Ann said...

Just do like you said the longer speed workout, long run, intervals.

Take it REALLY easy on the long run and make sure to recovery properly. No drinking! (ha ha)

I do speed/longrun/intervals like that sometimes and I'm a little slower or my heart rate is just elevated.

Oh, and get yourself on some Vitamin C tablets so you don't crash your immune system with all these mega tempos.

Allison said...

Good luck! I'm sure you'll be fine as long as this doesn't become a weekly thing.