run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Monday, August 22, 2011

Reset

Sometimes... I guess I just need to hit the reset button.

If I wasn't actually doing something this weekend... running a couple of errands, taking a yoga class, spending time with my family, having lunch with a new friend, and running 18 miles.. I was sleeping. Seriously. I slept more this weekend than I think I ever have.

Friday... I left work and went to a 5:30 yoga class... came home, made dinner, and was in bed by 9:30 (pretty average).

Saturday... I slept in... till about 8:30am. I ran some errands, and did a little reading before I met up with new friends for lunch. We lunched for a couple of hours, and I headed back home to do some reading (I'm desperately trying to finish a couple of books I've had ALL SUMMER LONG from the library. Everytime I hit the renew button, I feel like such a failure. sigh). Around 4pm, I started to get REALLY sleepy.. so I thought, well I'll just lie down for a little hour nap or so...

I woke up at 1am!!!!!! I slept from 4pm to 1am straight... and I swear it was like the best sleep of my life. But, then I was like... CRAP. I have to get up in 3 1/2 hours to get ready for my long run. And I didn't have dinner. So, I downed an energy bar and went back to bed...

Sunday, I woke up at 4:30am... and ran 18 miles, and after showering headed directly to my parents house. Where I hung out with them all day and then got home around 5pm. I started reading again... and I was like... damn, I'm a little sleepy. Maybe I'll just lay down for an hour nap.

At 6pm I laid down and didn't wake up this time till midnight! To which I just rolled over and went back to bed... And I cancelled my morning run and slept in till 7 this morning.

WHAT THE HELL? The good news? I feel well-rested and ready to tackle the week. But damn.. I feel like I kinda missed out on getting some reading done and cleaning/straightening my place up. I'm hoping that I was still tired from last weekend's beach trip and that I don't have mono or something... sheesh.

1 comment:

Tanya said...

You know what's weird? Everyone I know was extra tired this past weekend. I'm still tired today. In fact, right now I think I szsfhgzzzzzzzzzzzzz...