run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Let's do this.

So, it's not much of a secret that I'm kinda sorta not feeling the running lately... with the fatigue and the general laziness and the fact that I didn't run a spring marathon this year, I'm kinda feeling like my running mojo went down the shitter.

So, in an effort to mix things up... I'm deeming June the Month O' 200 Miles.

Which means that I will log 200 miles of running this month. Which, isn't a lot compared to my former glory days (ummm... nevermind that that was wayyy back in like 2009), but it is a helluva lot considering my last few months of running have looked like this:

Ummm... so far 2011 has been a BIG, FAT, FAIL.

But, that's cool. I wasn't feeling it, I wasn't training for anything, so who gives a shit, right? Right.

But, now... I'm getting the itch. I WANT to get back to running and running a lot, and with no real race super soon to motivate me, I had to make something else up.. so I came up with this dumb idea to run 200 miles in June.

Which.. may or may not sound like a lot to you, but honestly, it's kind of a pansy goal, because I'll be getting 60 of those miles in 3 days for a race June 17-19. So, really it only translates to 140 miles in 27 days, which is barely more than 5 miles a day.

This is either going to be a brilliant idea or a massive failure that leads to even more burnout!

So... starting tomorrow... it's time to kick it up a notch.

4 comments:

LAPT said...

I'm impressed. But that's b/c I'm lucky if I pull 10 miles in one week. And I haven't foam-rolled since my marathon...in FEBRUARY. FAIL.

Melanie said...

I'm not going to lie... your numbers are still far more impressive than mine. I've been getting maybe 50 miles per month this year. But that's all about to change with Chicago training!

Unprofessional said...

Lotsa miles, lady! I'm impressed! I need to ramp up my mileage...enter marathon training plan NOW.

Stephanie said...

Don't be so hard on yourself! Remember running is for you not anyone else, so when you don't feel it, don't do it and when you do, go for it. simple as that right? if it was only so easy....relax, enjoy, remember that we actually like doing this right;)