run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Thursday, May 8, 2008

I'm a crazy girl

Some people might think that going out for a run at 1:00 AM when it's raining cats and dogs is just plain crazy. Ok, maybe it is a little odd, but that's what I did last night (very early this morning). Why, you ask? Because I was up doing some work and didn't feel tired at all. And I knew that because I was up so late, the chances of me waking up at 5:45 AM were slim to none. Plus I've turned over a new leaf...I'm back in serious runner girl mode. Gotta get back in shape to run a marathon and also to shed these 10 lbs. that I've gained this year. My pants are disgustingly tight lately.

I took a bath while rocking out on my Ipod to some American Idol downloaded tunes. That got me feeling all dancy and hyper so I thought, why not go out for a run? I didn't realize it was raining until I stepped out the door, all dressed and ready to go. And it wasn't just a sprinkling rain...it was a downpour. I think I stood there, contemplating whether or not to go for about 5 minutes. Finally, I just said to myself...let's do this. I am a hardcore, badass runner girl and I will prove it to myself by running at 1:00 AM in a monsoon. When I got back, Greg asked me if I was drunk. Ha. No, Greg...not drunk, not crazy...just hardcore.

The run was refreshing and fun, but my time was really slow. Around 12 minute miles, which probably was a result of eating an entire package of Uncle Ben's 90 second Wild Rice and a chocolate Popsicle right before the run. My ass was also very sore...I think from working in the garden. But at least my entire ass was sore. Last time it was only my right side. Yeah, I'm not really sure how that works either, but its a really weird feeling to have one sore ass cheek.

Well I guess that's it for me. Back to work!

2 comments:

ilovesteaks said...

Hi! You must be John's friend or acquaintance. Yes, I run about 1 race a month. Vegas was my 14th marathon. I've done them just to challenge myself. I have yet to train properly to run one "fast". I'm still getting over an IT band issue. Good luck with your marathon comeback!

Dana said...

Yeah,you're definitely hardcore!