run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

The Sickness

For the last 4 days, I've been shacked up in the house with The Sickness. I guess its going around...or so I hear. (Doesnt it always seem like "it's going around" ?? I feel like people are always saying that...) So anyway, I got a good run in on Friday afternoon and then it was downhill from there. It's frustrating because when I miss a scheduled run, it's most likely because of work or being busy, but then when I'm home all day long and I have all the time in the world to run, I can't because I'm sick. So unfair.

But because I'm a very dedicated coach and my student is prone to slacking (Sorry, honey, but its true and you know it), we went out on Monday night and ran for almost an hour. The Advil had kicked in and I was feeling ok enough, plus I was dealing with a serious case of cabin fever and I needed some fresh air. The run was great! Right until I stopped running. I guess I overdosed on the fresh air cause my lungs felt like they might just collapse on me at any moment. I seriously felt like I had just chain-smoked a pack of menthol cigarettes. It hurt. But like I said before...I'm a dedicated coach and I was just doing my job...

I also sneaked in a strength training workout last night. I've been doing one that I found in Fitness Magazine. It's supposed to be a "see the results in 4 weeks!" kind of thing so we'll see how that goes. I usually just do my own thing, but I decided to give this one a try...mostly because it has some new and interesting excercises that I've never done before. Gotta keep it fresh!

On a side note...I've been listening to The Cure while I run. The Cure is good running music.

P.S. Spellcheck on Blogger hasnt been working for me lately (is it just me?) so I apologize for any misspellings in the post!!

3 comments:

Amy said...

I've always heard... if the sickness is above the neck.. you run... if its below the neck you rest.

Glad you're feeling better...

And umm... how do you know exactly about that menthal cigarette part? Hmmmm....

April said...

Yeah...I've heard that too...but I just run if I feel well enough to and I don't run if I feel horrible. Works for me!

I'm a closet pack-a-day menthol smoker. shhh...

Dana said...

You 2 crack me up!..Glad to hear you're doing better. And Blogger's spellchecker isn't working for me either. Apparently there is a know issue.