run, rest, eat, bitch, buy things, cross-train, blog, repeat.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Damn Rain.

I can't really complain. The weather has affected only one of my runs so far this training season. But, jeez. I spent about 10 minutes last night watching different weather forecasts. They said the rain wouldn't be here till 7:30 am. Plenty of time to get my run finished, right? For whatever reason, I just can't run in the rain in the morning, it's like... things are too wet and soppy and I don't have the extra time in the morning to clean up my dripping wet messes. So, rainy mornings suck.

Well, I woke up around 4:00am to loud claps of thunder, so, I thought... okay, maybe it got here early and it will be moved out by 5:30. But when my alarm clock went off at 5:30, it was still raining. So, I bumped the alarm up another 30 minutes, I thought... well, maybe I can just swap today and tomorrows workout. I woke up 30 minutes later, it was still raining. So, I just said.. awwww.. crap and slept for another 15 minutes or so.

I HATE that kind of sleeping in. I'd much rather just sleep in completely instead of waking up, going back to sleep, etc. And the worst thing is that all morning I felt like I was still half asleep. Like it was 10 am before I felt like I was really awake. That totally sucks.

So, now the decision comes... part of me thinks... I should try to stay on schedule and run my 8 miles tonight after work and then tomorrow morning do my scheduled 4 miles. Then, another part of me thinks... ok, you hate running in the afternoons, so just do 4 tonight and 8 in the morning. And then... another part of me thinks, ok, just use today as a rest day instead of friday and don't run at all.

But, ever since this weekend, I kind of feel like a big- ole- fat -cow. My appetite is back and with avengeance. It's like I cant eat enough. Seriously. I made cookies last night and it was all I could do from eating the whole batch. It was bad. Very bad. So, I'm going to try to run the 8 miles tonight, I guess. Ugggh. I hate running in the afternoon. And I also hate spending my time after work running. Blah.

1 comment:

Dana said...

Wow I am the exact opposite. I heart running in the afternoons after work.I am SOOO NOT a morning person. I have tried running in the morning & while the run went ok by the time I would get to work(I have a desk job) & be there few hours the "runners high" is gone & I am falling asleep on my keyboard!